Softwares I use

Softwares I Use

1 INTRO

I admit that I own a crappy laptop (Dell with a crappy pentium processor), but it's not the case with the softwares I use. I'm going to list out the softwares based on ther category and the reason for using them. This list is going to change, and I'll keep updating this list.

2 Operating System

I've been using Arch Linux for 2 years now. I have used Manjaro, Ubuntu (and all of it's flavours), FreeBSD etc. The real reason for using Arch Linux is that you look cool. I'm kidding. I use it is because of the availability of the softwares, be it in it's official repository, or in third party repos.

3 Window Manager

I use window managers instead of complete Desktop Environments, for a reason. I love minimalism, and that too when it comes to my DE. I have used pretty much all of the tiling window managers out there, but the one i'm currently using is AwesomeWM. It's a fork of another window manager called DWM, which I was using prior to awesome.

3.1 Why Awesome ?

It's fast, easy to configure. As I said, it was originally a fork of DWM, which is written in C programming language, but was later written from scratch in Lua. It's configure through the Lua programming language as well, which is imo very easy to comprehend. AwesomeWM is more than just a window manager, it's really a framework for widgets, modules that you can use to extend it's functionality. It's ugly out-of-the-box, but can be configured to look something like this,

TODO Screenshot

4 Terminal Emulator

5 Browser

5.2 Chromium

6 GUI File Manager

7 Text Editor

7.1 NEOVIM

7.2 Emacs

8 Run Launcher

8.1 ROFI

9 Office Suite

9.2 SC-IM

10 Image Viewer

11 Music Player

Author: Dheeraj Shenoy

Created: 2021-07-13 Tue 18:39

Validate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My experience of the Winter School held at IISER TVM

SonifyCPP - A software for converting images to music magically

First time participating in a solo instrumental event