First drum performance with a music group

I love playing drums. It has been a lifelong dream to play in a band and on the stage. Luckily my college has a music team called "AROHI", and they were looking for a drummer. I sent them a video of me playing in my drum kit back home, and they invited me over to meet them. After I got in, we started practicing for a showcase. It was a risky move as the event was in 2 days, and we had only 24 hours or so of practice time. On the day of the showcase, we all felt butterflies when it was our turn to perform. We go on the stage, I look at the drumkit they provided, it was a pearl decade 5 piece standard kit, but with lots of cymbals, zildijian and sabian, there was three crash cymbals, one ride, and one hi-hat. I was mesmerized by the drumkit.



 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My experience of the Winter School held at IISER TVM

SonifyCPP - A software for converting images to music magically

First time participating in a solo instrumental event